Thursday, June 22, 2023

Wine Master

 

Many years ago, more than I care to admit, I had a friend that was a Wine Master from the California Wine Valley.  He gave occasional classes in wine tasting, recognition, and how to determine the quality of the wine and what to drink with which meal etc.  I really liked this time.  I learned allot about some of the mucky muck stuff that rich folk know.  It was fulfilling.  

Today I don't drink, but I can still look at the color of a wine and determine what the quality is and what possible name should be on the label.  On some of the cooking shows I watch there is the occasional glass of Chardonnay, or Merlot that is passed off as being a Cabernet, or Lambrusco.  Because of the fancy big screen HD televisions we have access to today it is easier to look and say, "Hey these guys are lying to us and faking their wine, what an ultra maroon."  

Just for your personal information, if you look at the TV screen and see a purplish ting to the glass that shines a darker light through it, that's a Merlot.  So, if they try to tell you it's a French label wine, they are telling you alcoholic fibs, for shame.  

Many years ago, my friend gave me a few wine skills in return for conversation and some Taiji exchange, occasionally I think of him and realize, yes the best wines in the world come from, The West Coast.

Peace and Balance,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment