Thursday, June 8, 2023

Lessons In Compassion

 


As human beings we are occasionally presented with life lessons that will either test us or teach us.  One of these lessons is the ability to truly care for another individual.  As we get older we'll go through stages of development where we are in charge, we help those that need helping, and we are the one's needing assistance.  I'm at the stage in my life where I am the individual in the family that is caring for the love of my life.

Caregiver is a term that gets thrown around by bureaucrats needing a word to put down on a piece of paper about the relationship between one individual and another who is in need.  It is a poor word used when a spouse is in need and the care is given by the other person in his/her life.  The proper word is, loved one.  

I am the Care Giver for my Loved One.  I have been in that position for a number of years and accept it as part of the promise we made to each other many years ago after engaging in our lives together.  When people ask me how I'm feeling about caring for my wife I first give them a scornful look and tell them that there is no other place I would rather be.  Caring for my wife has become one of the great joys of my life.  I am learning so much about her, so much about myself, and so much about humanity, there is no question about this task, this lesson of life and Love. 

Human beings are the greatest creation yet made on this planet.  We stretch from both the negative poles to the positive poles.  Some learn these living lessons honorably and express tolerance, wisdom, compassion, and love.  Other's learn these lessons and express in terms diametrically opposed to the former.  That is ok too.  We will all Learn These Lessons eventually at different stages of our development.  Call is Life.

Lessons in Living come and go.  Some build and some destroy.  In the End there is only the One.

Peace and Balance,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment