Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Predictions of White stuff.

 


I'm thinking of a warm Christmas, just like the one's from Southern Florida.  I know, I know, "You live in Northern New Hampshire John, why would you not want a white Christmas?"  

The answer is simple, I don't want to spend to much money making hot water and heating up the homestead.  I would rather it be fairly warm, low voltage, and not in need of that stuff that goes into the tank downstairs.  The economy of winter sucks.

Right now the weather persons are calling for snow in the coming days.  My colleagues are split as to wanting a snow day from school or not.  I'm not predicting things to close to the "event" as I don't want to be accused of bringing the snow down upon us mere mortals.  We've been beaten down enough and can use the break.

Meteorology is a fairly in-depth science.  Studying weather patterns, past, present, and future can be tenuous, especially the future predictions.  How many weather forecasters have been grimaced at and blamed for the occurrences of things out of our control?  Sad indeed, you'd think there were bigger fish to fry than worry about predicting the weather.  

In the past we would look out and up, and say, "Hey it's snowing."  That was accurate.  Instant visual proof.  Now a days the process takes digital maps, a series of pages, days, and predictions of which way weather patterns, "May" travel.  It's a big guessing game.  Get it right and the network has an excuse to pay you, get it wrong and the masses blame you.  Sad state of affairs.

Still, I'm Dreaming of a Warm Christmas, just like the ones in Hawaii.  The volcano stopped erupting so Hawaii is a good place to visit.    I can envision Santa in Bermuda shorts, on a surf board being pulled by a couple dolphins.  Yep, that's my Claus.  

Then why am I living in Northern New England, potentially the Tundra?  Because, there is a pull here that is akin to a calling, and to ignore a calling, well that's just not right.  

Peace and Balance,

John

2 comments:

  1. I'd rather have some snow than sub zero temps. Actually, I'd love some snow to insulate my water supply line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's a good reason to have an initial covering. Then it can linger in the area of keeping the snow, snow, right about 31 degrees.

      Delete