Monday, January 23, 2023

More Cross Training.



 Sometimes you walk outside and say unpleasant things.  Often you anticipate imaginary outcomes from things that you're expecting to happen verses what actually transpires.  The final results are usually unexpected and not what you thought was going to happen.

This morning the universe in her infinite wisdom decided to throw at us another one of life's exotic lessons.  I woke at about 3:30 in the AM. and put on a pair of boots and wandered forth to my driveway to check out the weather situation.  At that time the fallen snow was manageable all was good in the world, I went back inside.  

While indoors I progressed through my normal morning thing complete with sacred coffee and deep breathing.  When the voice in my head told me I had, had enough that my brain was adequately oxygenated I made my wife and I some breakfast as I just received a notice of a two hour delay for school.   Considering I had already walked out and checked the drive way out, I decided that another look was warranted, and a good thing I did to.  Boot's back on I wandered out the door to take a look see.  "Oh My.." was all I could say.

Shovel in hand I attacked the rather large gift the snow plow guy had left at the front of my drive.  Knocking it half way back I then focused on my vehicle.  I started  up the pony, turned on the heater, and started sweeping her off.  That actually took some time there was a tad bit of snow on board.  

Backing out of my parking spot I then dug out the area around the steps to the door.  That was fun, I was enjoying the pushing of white stuff around.  The temp was not cold, not hot, just right, the air was crisp and had that feel you get maybe once a season.  The thought crossed my mind that I could call in sick and play in the snow all day, but alas I am a diligent educator and would suffer the ills of guilt.  So, I didn't.  

After I cleaned up as much snow as I was going to in the time I'd given myself, I crawled back into the cab of the pony and began 4 wheeling all over the driveway.  My pony thinks she's a snow machine. It was great fun.  I parked and returned to the interior of my abode.  

Driving to school was interesting.  Snow had piled up and was beginning to fall again.  I made it to school this morning unscathed, rested, and fed, all was good in the world.  It's snowing harder now.  

I wonder what's it's going to look like after that last bell of the day?

Peace and Balance,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment