Wednesday, August 30, 2023

What Was That Again?



 One extra cheese, the other sausage, peperoni, and mushrooms topped off with a large order of jalapeno poppers with a ranch dip.  This is what we had for dinner tonight.  Mine was the mixed bag of shrooms and meat.  A very good conglomerate of gooey goodness.  I ate the whole pie in one sitting and was satisfied.  All is good in the world.

The thing about ordering pizza and poppers is that it's relatively important to have a handle on the language used to order with.  This is how I ordered the meal, "One small Xcheese pizza, and a sausage, pepprino with shroomushes, small with a large popper." 

The other end of the line became strangely quite and I had that strange uncomfortable feeling that you get when you know something isn't quite right, but can't figure out what the heck is going on.  This usually happens just before there is a large calamity with your frontal lobes.  It was the laughter on the other end of the line that snapped me back into this reality.  And he repeated back to me, "You mean a small extra cheese, a small sausage, pepperoni, and mushroom pizza with a large poppers, right?"

That's when I realized what I had ordered in the first place, "Oh shit." was all I could say.

Then the voice on the other end of the phone said in a female tone, "That'll be about 25 minutes."  

I said, "Ok, Thanks." Then realized he must have handed the phone to the young lady standing next to him so he could go away and laugh at me in respectful peace.  I understand.  

It's going to take me a few days to get my brain back in straight.  After all it's that time of year and the halls of academia are filling again.

Peace and Balance,

John

2 comments: