Monday, July 10, 2023

Real Good Raspberry Pancakes

 


Occasionally I cook.  I've since learned how to actually cook through the tutelage of my Cheffy wife, and her dear mother, who after her passing I found a certificate from a culinary institute declaring her as Chef.  So, I learned from two very good cooks.

Being a science oriented sort of fellow, I'm a believer in certain technologies that have snuck their ways into the modern kitchen.  Things that the purest would subject to snobbery and elite prejudices.  Objects such as the Microwave oven. Which I personally find as a time saver and if used properly can cook up a plethora of real good stuff.  

This morning I created a fairly passable recipe for the Raspberry Pancake, here it is:

Add about a cup and a half of frozen raspberries in a microwave safe container.  Add about a teaspoon or so of sugar and mix well.  Microwave on high about 2 mins and stir container then put aside.  Depending on your taste, the amount of time you want to spend, and your inkling for a thing called, "Scratch", however you mix up about a cup of pancake batter, let sit for about a minute to a minute and a half.  Mix half the Raspberry mixture into the batter and stir well.  The next step is important because this is the only area where butter or margarine is used.  On a HOT griddle melt a goodly portion of butter and let it simmer for a few seconds then add the batter mixture and let them fry until you see bubbles then flip.  Let sit, then flip again for measure.  This morning I served them up with Jimmy Dean sausage links, the rest of the Raspberry mixture as a syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.  For myself a couple of fried eggs, my wife can't eat those things, so more for me.  

All turned out real good and passed the Cheffy inspection and taste test.  It was a good breakfast.  

Feel free to try it out and let me know how it goes.  Here's my disclaimer: if it sucks, So sad to bad...

Peace and Balance,

John

1 comment:

  1. I'm hungry now. Not too much sugar either. Good job.

    ReplyDelete