Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Kitchen Kung Fu And The Chicken Dance.


 I wake fairly early every morning at 3:40 AM.  I arise to start a daily regime that takes me all of two hours to accomplish every morning.  I do this deed in my Kitchen a place I have renamed my Kitchen Dojo or Kwoon  Japanese and Cantonese respectively for school.  My loyal student Tim has named what I do as Kitchen Kung Fu.  I like that term it is appropriate.  After being inducted into the Bruce Lee movie craze my Wife Romona has determined after observing my morning ritual that I am actually performing what she calls, Chicken Dancing.  That also works.  So, I arise early to perform my Kitchen Kung Fu while Chicken Dancing in my Kitchen Dojo, Kwoon.  I am the Master of the absurd.  It is a proud belt I wear.  Black and Red with white splotches that need not be discussed here.  You can leave that to your own imaginations.  

Sometimes I get questions, "John, What is it you practice so early in the morning?"  The answer is complicated however, I Am an American Master of Ninpo Chuan Fa, I am The Grandmaster of TuMo Quan Gong Fu, my own eclectic art.  And I have managed to become the Master of my own version of Wu Style Taiji Quan and Qi Gong.  I've been doing this stuff for a lifetime and actively practicing for more than 50 years.  What does that mean you ask?  It means that I don't take myself seriously anymore, I've learned to smile with people and spend a lot of time laughing at myself.  I've also learned that one of the world's most effective medicines is a good strong cup of coffee.  

I'm in my 60's now, my BP is about 110 over 60.  Blood sugar is about 80 and the cholesterol is in the good range for an old fat guy.  I say that partially in jest.  But those of you who know me, well... 80)  I don't miss many meals.  

My most effective technique is, shaking a hand and introducing myself and saying, "How Are You?"   And as I said to a friend this morning, "I carry Sunshine in my pockets."   

May you all learn to enjoy what you do as much.

Peace and Balance,

John


No comments:

Post a Comment