Friday, December 4, 2009

Elder Brothers



I had the chance to talk to a retired police officer tonight.  He was reminiscing about some past events and arrests remembered from his history.  As he spoke I saw light return to his eyes, I saw youth in his face.  He is an elderly man that has many health problems collected from before his retirement.  This man has gained my respect.  Sometimes we forget to listen to our elders, we forget the lessons of our ancestors and we are injured as a people because of our own short sightedness.  For a short time I was transfixed and shared his memories, I was living with him his proud moments.  These moments will live again through his voice to my ears.  Remember, listen to your elders and learn the lessons of your ancestors, it will help you remember who you are.

Peace and Balance,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment