Friday, December 4, 2009

Chi



When I teach Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong the first thing I do is get my students to breath deeply.  In the nose and out the mouth are words that will be spoken over and over again through out their studies for all the time they decide to dedicate to practice.  Chi is a Chinese word for Breath which over the millennium has been translate to "Life force."  Of course if you look at the word directly you realize that without breath there is no life, so Life Force it is.  I've been pushing energy around all my life.  Breathing it in and breathing it out sharing with the many folks that have come into my space.  I teach people to breath.  In the practice of Reiki, which I also teach, the breath is the "secret" that delivers the Chi.  Wu Chi becomes Yin and Yang, chaos becomes order as we breath in the divine.  Chi Kung, Reiki, Feng Shui, Huna, Yoga, and the multitude of other practices all base their practices on the Breath, Prana, Chi, Qi, Orgon...  Each a name for the same substance the "Life Force".  Li + Qi = Jing,  Technique + Speed = Power,  Breath + Focus = Life.  And we have the secrets to immortality. 

Peace and Balance,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment