Thursday, December 21, 2023

Hey what's FOR SUPPER?

 It's the time of year when we of a certain age sit with the smiling young'uns in the household and read, "Twas the night before Christmas to our young progeny Which can lead to a real nice game of trivial pursuit if you into that sort of thing.  Of course one of my favorite questions is, "Can you name the eight tiny reindeer in order?   They are of course, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen.  Then the smart aleck in the room, normaly the twelve year old ADHD child will blurt out, "You forgot Rudolph Grandpa." This interuption generaly gives me the urge to lash out irrationally.  When the Bear part of my personality looks and the child and whispers in my ear, "Lunch."  Then it occurs to me that yes the older male brown bears have been know to eat their own young.  This is a behavior that I can relate to the older I get.  However  these are personal tendencies that are controllable with proper practice.  So I channel my bear aggression through my students.  After all, that's what they're there for.  A couple of them also have a little of the bear in them so we have an understanding in philosophies.  Balance is achieved and the younger population is kept at a manageable level. That is sound wildlife management when you live in areas that practice hunting as an art to feed your family with.  

Tbis is the time of year when hope rides a flying sleigh and venison is served.  HO HO HO

Peace and Balance,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment