Friday, February 3, 2023

Mamma Nature's Sick Joke

 


Mother Nature has a sense of humor.  We've spent most of our winter so far warmish and not having to spend to awful amounts of dollars on heating fuel.  We got all comfortable with the idea that this winter is going to be mild and things would be temped. 

That is, just before She in Her infiniteness decided to throw at us a big ass ball of real F*ing cold air.  I can hear the mystic laughter as I write this.  It's all a big joke and we are the butts of it.  I wonder if there's a big office somewhere we can arrive at to file a formal complaint with the administration?  Somehow I get the suspicion that we should have explored the rest room walls in the basement of the old city hall or something.  Is Arthur Dent out there observing?  Douglas Adams might have seen this coming from a long way off.

I started my vehicle at about 5AM to let it run for a few minutes and warm up before I shut her down to restart again about 10 minutes before I came to work.  At that time it wasn't to awful out at almost 20 degrees.  As I'm writing this it's 11:45 AM and -7 degrees on my weather app.  It's supposed to be about -20 degrees when I leave work at 2:15PM.  Fortunately tomorrow is Saturday and I have a day off because Mother Nature has decided to bring the temp up to about 32 degrees Sunday.   That will feel like a virtual sauna compared to what we have in store for this evening.  Northern New Hampster is looking at a possible -50 degrees.  This is real, real danger weather.  This is when the saying, "Don't Piss Into The Wind." takes on a whole new meaning.  

So, if you live in my neck of the woods, sit and wait, look over your pipes, eat a hearty meal, and binge Netflix.  There isn't much else to do unless you're into freezing parts of yourself that shouldn't get cold.

Peace and Balance,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment