Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Glory Of Coffee

In my native tongue a couple words for coffee are Pejuta Sapa, black medicine and Wakaliapi, which means Holy bean. Each word has it’s place of importance. When I awake in the wee hours of the morning it becomes the Holy Bean. I have a daily ritual that starts very early in the morning. Religiously loading the coffee pot with beans and water, I concentrate on the coffee maker until I am satisfied that the magic liquid is emerging from the pot. A very religious experience.

Coffee takes on the other name when the sun goes down and the moon comes out. It is that substance that helps us stay awake deep into the night. The life of the night owl, the Black Medicine. Romona and I both adhere to the practices of the bean, it’s holy nature and it’s darker staying awake properties. It is truly sent by the gods.

It is a multipurpose plant that has given us, the addicts of the world, a genuine reason to get out of bed in the morning and study late into the night, and to any scholarly individual world wide it has given a divine purpose. Thank you God for it’s creation.

Peace and Balance,
John







No comments:

Post a Comment