Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The White Stuff

This past Monday, we experienced an unfortunate event. The Great North Woods, was covered by two feet of slushy, nasty, heavy snow. It was pretty to watch as it fell. It even gave us a warm cozy feeling deep inside, but that was not to last.


School was cancelled and the children of the area all hip hip hoorayed in harmony. Romona and I stayed in bed and enjoyed some needed rest and relaxation. Right about 3:00 pm. I decided to go out and shovel the stuff off of the drive way so we could get out the next morning and do something like, go to work.

I hadn’t calculated the depth or the weight of the white stuff correctly, no not correctly at all. After 6 ½ hours of shoveling I wandered back into the house tired and very sore. Romona had a hot cup of coffee waiting for me and I took a much needed shower.

Occasionally the creator puts before us a test. Monday’s test was the snow, a shovel, and much heavy lifting. I think I heard the voice, I can not be sure, after all that shoveling I was seeing and hearing many things.

Peace and Balance,
John

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. I miss the north, I really do. I miss family and friends . . . but that storm would have broken my heart. I was sailing in the Gulf that day when I heard on the radio that the storm had closed many miles of road. Kinda felt guilty . . . almost.

    ReplyDelete